What's your view on sulfites? Big deal or not so much?
But on the really, I don’t believe sulfites are a big deal. They are only really harmful if you have bad asthema or you’re allergic to them, which if you’ve ever had wine, you would know immediately if you were allergic to them or not. Although sulfites in wine are regulated around the world, a close vintner friend of mine told me that actually there is usually about 10x more sulfites in wine than is reported. Not that that is cool, but I just think it’s a waste of time to worry about it unless you are having reactions to wine already.
I believe the only reason wine gets a bad rap about sulfites is it’s because it’s the only thing they have to really label. Many foods we eat regularly contain sulfites because it preserves freshness but you don’t see anyone talking shit about dried fruits.